A new Samsung patent describes a possible future Galaxy Z Fold support system that will better protect its large display in a fall event
Apple releases two new Ads covering AirPods Pro and iPhone 12 with Ceramic Shield

Apple's AirPods 3 will go into mass production in Q3, killing all rumors of a launch this month

1 x cover AirPods 3


Apple's new iPods 3 were supposed to be a part of a March Event, according to leaker Prosser. Yet a new report from Apple analyst Ming-Chi-Kuo now says that's not going to happen because iPods 3 are only going into production in Q3. That could translate to the new iPods 3 launching at the iPhone event in September.


Kuo further noted that "If ‌AirPods‌ 2 will go to end-of-life after ‌AirPods‌ 3's mass production, we estimate ‌AirPods‌ 3, AirPods Pro, ‌AirPods‌ 2, and ‌AirPods Max‌ will account for about 40%, 28%, 31%, and 1% of total shipments, respectively, in 2021. If ‌AirPods‌ 2 will continue production after mass production of ‌AirPods‌ 3, we estimate ‌AirPods‌ 3, ‌AirPods Pro‌, ‌AirPods‌ 2, and ‌AirPods Max‌ will account for about 32%, 28%, 39%, and 1% of total shipments in 2021, respectively."


Kuo added that "In terms of high quality, while ‌AirPods Pro‌'s low latency is about 50% improvement vs. ‌AirPods‌ 1 and 20% improvement vs. ‌AirPods‌ 2, and it offers active noise cancellation, sales results show that consumers are not very willing to spend more than US$100 to buy the selling points of ‌AirPods Pro‌."


Kuo also stated that if Apple wants to improve ‌AirPods‌ shipments in the future, hardware innovation like health management functionality is necessary to differentiate the earbuds from similar products offered by competitors. For more on this story, read the full MacRumors report.


10.2  Supply Chain News & Rumors


The comments to this entry are closed.