A California tween recounted the incident of her iPhone 6 catching on fire while was watching YouTube videos. The report was covered by a Bakersfield ABCV TV news team as presented below.
11-year-old Kayla Ramos stated that her iPhone 6 caught fire in her sister's bedroom. "I was sitting down, and I had my phone in my hand and then I saw sparks flying everywhere and I just threw it on a blanket."
23ABC News further noted that Maria Adata, Kayla’s mom, says the next day she called Apple support and was instructed to send pictures and ship the phone to the retailer. You could read more of the story here.
The video report covering this story below came from ABC13 News.
Last year Patently Apple posted a report titled "A Canadian Farmhouse was destroyed by Fire and the Family blames their charging iPhone as the Root Cause." The video of that report was removed after the report by either Apple or the farmhouse owner. The resolution to that case was never made public.
In 2016 Patently Apple posted a Patently Legal report titled "Apple Sues Mobile Star for Selling Counterfeit Power Adapters and Charging Cables through Amazon." Apple believed that the counterfeit products could lead to fires and are therefore a risk to the public.
About Making Comments on our Site: Patently Apple reserves the right to post, dismiss or edit any comments. Those using abusive language or negative behavior will result in being blacklisted on Disqus.