Ming-Chi Kuo reveals a few of the key component suppliers behind Apple's upcoming XR Headset
Late last night, famed Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo posted his latest research notes on some of the key component suppliers for Apple's first-gen XR Headset that is set to be introduced at their WWDC23 event in June.
- It is highly likely that Apple will announce its long-awaited AR/MR headset at the WWDC in June. I think Apple is well prepared for the announcement of this new device.
- Apple announcing AR/MR headset at WWDC bodes well for supply chain share price.
- Apart from the assembly (exclusive to Luxshare-ICT), micro OLED display (exclusive to Sony), dual processors (exclusive to TSMC), casing (Everwin Precision as the main supplier), 12 camera modules (exclusive to Cowell), and external power supply (exclusive to Goretek) are the top 5 most expensive material costs for this new device.
- Cowell is the largest beneficiary in terms of revenue and profit contribution to suppliers due to its smallest revenue size.
- The headset device will soon become the most important new investment trend in the consumer electronics sector if Apple’s AR/MR headset announcement is better than expected.