Apple today announced the winners of the 2022 App Store Awards, spotlighting 16 apps and games that inspired users to engage more deeply with the world, expand their imaginations, and stay connected to friends and loved ones. This year’s winners represent a diverse community of developers from around the world whose apps and games were selected by Apple’s global App Store editorial team for delivering exceptional experiences and making a profound cultural impact.
“This year’s App Store Award winners reimagined our experiences with apps that delivered fresh, thoughtful, and genuine perspectives,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “From self-taught solo creators to international teams spanning the globe, these entrepreneurs are making a meaningful impact, and represent the ways in which apps and games influence our communities and lives.” The key winners for 2022 are listed below:
- iPhone App of the Year:BeReal, from BeReal.
- iPad App of the Year:GoodNotes 5, from Time Base Technology Limited.
- Mac App of the Year:MacFamilyTree 10, from Synium Software GmbH.
- Apple TV App of the Year:ViX, from TelevisaUnivision Interactive, Inc.
- Apple Watch App of the Year:Gentler Streak, from Gentler Stories LLC.
- iPhone Game of the Year:Apex Legends Mobile, from Electronic Arts.
- iPad Game of the Year:Moncage, from X.D. Network Inc.
- Mac Game of the Year:Inscryption, from Devolver.
- Apple TV Game of the Year:El Hijo, from HandyGames.
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year:Wylde Flowers, from Studio Drydock Pty Ltd.
- China Game of the Year:League of Legends Esports Manager, from Shenzhen Tencent Tianyou Technology Ltd.
To view other entries, review Apple's full press release.