Apple TV+ reveals new cast members coming to "Foundation" Season Two & announces their bilingual series "Now and Then" will debut in May
(Click on image to Greatly Enlarge)
Today, Apple TV+ shared a first look at the highly anticipated second season of "Foundation," the epic saga from storyteller David S. Goyer and produced for Apple by Skydance Television, and revealed new cast members that will star alongside Emmy Award nominees Jared Harris and Lee Pace in the new season.
Based on Isaac Asimov’s award-winning stories, and featuring an international cast led by Harris and Pace, alongside rising stars Lou Llobell and Leah Harvey, the monumental adaptation of “Foundation” chronicles the stories of four crucial individuals transcending space and time as they overcome deadly crises, shifting loyalties and complicated relationships that will ultimately determine the fate of humanity. The Apple Original drama also stars Laura Birn, Terrence Mann and Cassian Bilton.
New Stars Joining the Cast of “Foundation” for Season Two include:
- Isabella Laughland as Brother Constant, a cheerfully confident claric whose job is to evangelize the Church of the Galactic Spirit across the Outer Reach. Constant is a true believer, whose courage and passion make her hard not to love.
- Kulvinder Ghir as Poly Verisof, High Claric of the Church of the Galactic Spirit. Whip-smart and sardonic, he’s also a terrible drunk — intelligent enough to see the path he’s on, but too cynical to change.
- Sandra Yi Sencindiver as Enjoiner Rue, the beautiful, politically savvy consigliere to Queen Sareth. A former courtesan to Cleon the 16th, Rue parlayed her status to become a royal counsellor.
- Ella-Rae Smith as Queen Sareth of Cloud Dominion. Used to being underestimated, Sareth employs it to her advantage, charming her way into the Imperial Palace with biting wit, all while on a secret quest for revenge.
- Dimitri Leonidas as Hober Mallow, a master trader with a sarcastic personality and questionable morals, who is summoned against his will to serve a higher, selfless cause.
- Ben Daniels as Bel Roise, the last great general of the Superliminal Fleet and would-be conqueror of the Foundation. Bel is noble to a fault, but his fealty to the Galactic Empire is waning.
- Holt McCallany as Warden Jaegger Fount, the current Warden of Terminus and guardian of its citizens against external threats.
- Mikael Persbrandt as The Warlord of Kalgan, a monster of a man, coiled with muscle and possessing powerful psychic abilities, and fueled by hate in his quest to take over the galaxy.
- Rachel House as Tellem Bond, mysterious leader of the Mentallics.
- Nimrat Kaur as Yanna Seldon.
Apple TV+ Announces the bilingual thriller series "Now and Then," will launch on May 20, 2022
Late yesterday, Apple TV+ announced the premiere date and a first look at the bilingual thriller series “Now and Then,” which will make its worldwide debut on Friday, May 20, 2022. Set in Miami, the eight-episode series was shot in Spanish and English, and will premiere globally on Apple TV+ with the first three episodes, followed by one new episode weekly every Friday.
"Now and Then" is a multi-layered thriller that explores the differences between youthful aspirations and the reality of adulthood, when the lives of a group of college best friends are forever changed after a celebratory weekend ends up with one of them dead. Now, 20 years later, the remaining five are reluctantly reunited by a threat that puts their seemingly perfect worlds at risk. For more on this, read the full Apple press release.
Archive: Apple TV News